Student card Kristiansand or Grimstad 20-29 years
The student card is available for use either within Kristiansand municipality or within the municipality of Grimstad and costs NOK 430, - The card is valid for use for 30 days after first use of the bus
STUDENT CARD KRISTIANSAND OR GRIMSTAD (age 20-29 year): NOK 430,–
Only available in the online store
Note that student card for Kristiansand / Grimstad will only be available for sale in our online store. The travel card it self must be bought on the bus/custormer centres for the price of NOK 20,-
Where is the student card valid?
- Student Card Kristiansand is valid for zone 501, 502, 512, 522 in Kristiansand
- Student card Grimstad is valid for zone 200, 205, 210, 211, 212, 213 in Grimstad area
Note that Student card Kristiansand cannot be used in Grimstad and Student card Grimstad cannot be used in Kristiansand. When travelling between campuses, you must use the ordinary Young Adult Card. The Student card is valid for 30 days from first-time use on the bus
Who is entitled to a student card Kristiansand or Grimstad?
You are entitled to a student discount if you are under 30 years of age and are:
- studying full time at upper secondary schools, universities, university colleges, academies and equivalent educational institutions which qualify for loans from the Norwegian State Educational Fund. Norwegian students studying overseas will also be entitled to the discount.
- a full-time work experience trainee as defined in Chapter 4 of the Norwegian Education Act (the page is only in Norwegian
If you are a full-time student aged 30 years old or more and affiliated with SiA, you are entitled to purchase a special student card for travels in both Agder counties.
If you are younger than 20 years, you will benefit by purchasing a 30-day Youth card (16-19) valid throughout Agder.
- To qualify as a student, you must be attending courses for the purposes of obtaining a standard education. You must not be in receipt of a salary or other benefits in connection with your schooling. Work experience trainees are an exception to this rule. They are entitled to a discount while attending school. Grants and other scholarships are not regarded as salary.
- The course(s) involved must be of at least three months duration. Higher education courses must lead to a minimum of 30 study credits per term. If you are attending Upper Secondary Education, your studies must consist of a full year's programme (Vg1, Vg2 or Vg3, or their equivalents). If you are spending more time than usual to complete your studies, or if you are not attending tuition inn all subjects, your education will be regarded as part-time, and you will not qualify for a student discount.
- The student card Kristiansand or Grimstad applies to students attending standard tuition and does not apply to special courses or trainee work. However, non-Norwegian speakers under the age of 30 attending the course «Programme in Norwegian Language and Civic Life for Adult Immigrants» or the introduction programme for refugees will be entitled to the discount.
Courses which do not entitle you to a student card:
- Part-time or visiting students, and adults in full employment
- Public sector academies, such as those linked to the armed forces, postal services, Norwegian Correctional Service etc.
- Correspondence schools
- Short evening courses
Remember proof of student identity when you travel
If you are travelling on a student card you must at all times be able to produce a document showing that you are attending courses during the current term. The proof must display your name and date of birth, the name of the establishment which you are attending, and the dates of the term for which it is valid.
What is valid proof?
- A student card or student proof on mobile.
- School proof for trainees confirming that you are a student or trainee the current term.
- A reference from the school or trainee organisation in question which confirms that you are attending courses during the current term, produced together with your bank card, driving licence, passport or other means of identification bearing a photograph.
- ISIC card carrying an NSB logo.
The ANSA card is not acceptable as valid proof.
The spring term extends until the end of August, and the autumn term until the end of January. If you are terminating your studies, the last dates for activation of a new student ticket are 31 July and 31 December, respectively.